- In the event that video clip shows any living that is identifiable and/or identifiable personal stats, writers need certainly to demonstrate that permission happens to be obtained. if your consent that is patient ended up being given to the relevant article, there’s no necessity to give you this once more when it comes to movie.
- Please use the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Frequently they are standard choices from your own modifying computer pc software. an extensive guide is available from the vimeo site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account in the Hightail site. Please through the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your video to your paper. Your movie should be gotten because of the time you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Take note that in the event that you never properly label your video clip or you miss out the due date, this might cause delays in book of both your article in addition to video clip.
All movie abstracts are going to be evaluated for suitability by the editorial publication and team is certainly not fully guaranteed. In certain full situations editors may request edits to your movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the research article online and additionally posted individually in the journal’s YouTube channel. They’re posted beneath the exact exact same copyright terms whilst the article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers may also elect to publish their article in color for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web page or colour that is online-only costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please just click here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be manufactured available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere lawfully and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. To get more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly encouraged to additionally connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We highly think that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs will soon be good for the entire research community.
Please find additional information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the below article type specs such as the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining table limits and guide counts. Your message count excludes the name page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and sources. Manuscripts must be because succinct as you are able to.
For further help when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. Here there are informative data on writing and formatting your research until the peer review process and marketing your paper. You may want to utilize the language translation and editing solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
In the event the article is accepted you are able to make use of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a free of charge solution to assist you maximise your article’s reach.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, sources, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may periodically be produced to the, especially in the scenario of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, but in basic shorter documents could be more competitive for book. The editors will think about the merits for the instance for longer documents for a case-by-case foundation, but documents more than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as exorbitant length may disadvantage an otherwise acceptable paper because of the area limits associated with log.
Authors will include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the messages that are key the study the following:
- What exactly is currently understood about this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of systematic knowledge with this topic. Be specific and clear, perhaps perhaps maybe not obscure.
- Exactly exactly What crucial gaps in knowledge occur with this subject.
- Just just What this study adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ just What do we now understand due to this research that people didn’t understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources just as required
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are smaller variations of original essays, must not surpass 1500 words, and can even add one figure or table.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Letter research that is(original
Research letters designed for publication should always be a optimum of 500 words, 10 sources, and another figure or table. Those answering articles posted within the log must be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information provided within the text of a write-up. They ought to have title, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of internal and outside peer review.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which give a conversation, analysis, or report about a subject that is particular. Generally speaking these should be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area restrictions.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, frequently concerning a certain topic, nation, or geographic area. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract utilizing the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information extraction, information synthesis, and conclusions Authors publishing review manuscripts and reports of this link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start having a exact declaration regarding the main goal associated with review. The main focus of the declaration should really be led by perhaps the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or prevention. It will consist of information regarding the particular populace, intervention, publicity, and test or result that is being evaluated.
- Information sources – A succinct summary of information sources must be provided, including any moment restrictions. Possible sources consist of specialists write my essay or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, references identified from bibliographies of pertinent articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. If your bibliographic database is utilized, the precise indexing terms utilized for article retrieval must be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or individual topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to choose studies for detail by detail review from among studies recognized as strongly related the subject. Information on selection includes specific populations, interventions, results, or methodological designs. The technique accustomed apply these requirements must be specified – as an example, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements should always be stated.
- Information removal – directions useful for abstracting data and evaluating data quality and credibility (such as for instance requirements for causal inference) must certanly be described. The technique through which the rules were used should really be stated: as an example, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, must certanly be stated. Practices used to acquire these outcomes must be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the major results that had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes should really be associated with self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise degrees of statistical importance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver running attribute curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis includes summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies should really be stated, including variations in treatment protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications should always be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain for the review. The necessity for brand new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by negotiation, but generally 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and recommendations)
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.